Terms & Conditions
(1) Village Terms & Conditions – Code of Conduct Agreement
Respectful behaviour within the village and surrounding areas is required by all guests/visitors in accordance with Fijian culture and customs and to protect village culture, particularly in regard to the following:
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- No sunglasses to be worn within the village (beach ok).
- No hats to be worn within the village (beach ok).
- Conservative clothing to be worn by both men and ladies at all times.
- No swearing or shouting; respectful language to be used.
- Fijian people are recognised as being the “friendliest people on earth”. Any behaviour deemed offensive will not be tolerated.
- You are open to receiving further information, guidelines and tips about how to prepare for this exclusive Fijian village experience in an effort to respect Fijian culture and protect the authenticity of traditional Fijian life.
- Behaviour deemed inappropriate by the village committee may result in guests being revoked permission to remain and the refund of any monies ineligible and void.
(2) Booking Terms & Conditions
We act as an independent booking agency for accommodation within Serua Province, Viti Levu, including Namaqumaqua Village. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) make accommodation and/or day tour and/or vehicle transfer bookings.
Due to the time taken to process bookings, the personal planning involved to align guests with a suitable host family/accommodation and proceeds going directly to the Fijian people, please note that payments made are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances and to the discretion of Fiji Time Travel; in such cases as approved by Fiji Time Travel guests can re-book their accommodation dates and/or day tours and/or vehicle transfer bookings within a 12 month period, the 12 month period is to commence from the date that the applicant notifies Fiji Time Travel in writing of their need and reasons to defer their bookings.
Full payments are strictly due within 7 days of emailed confirmation of your booking, which will then fully confirm your booking, however for last minute bookings full payments must be received and cleared within a minimum of 24 hours prior to arrival in the village.
All prices stated are in Australian Dollars and all payments are to be made in Australian Dollars AUD and Fiji Time Travel reserves the right to change prices without notice.
MONIES NOT HELD ON TRUST
All monies paid by you to us will be the property of Fiji Time Travel and will be a debt due and payable to the service providers to which the monies relate.
You agree and acknowledge that such monies will not be held by us on trust for and on behalf of you and we hold such monies in any account as we see fit, including with our own and/or other customer’s monies.
To the extent permitted by law, neither Fiji Time Travel or nor any of its related bodies corporate, directors, employees or agents accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss) delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
Under circumstances where our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of us under applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
This law and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these persons in connection with facilitation of your booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
Where we disclose your personal information to any person (including overseas recipients), you agree that we will not be required to ensure that person’s compliance with Australian privacy laws or otherwise be accountable for how they handle your personal information. When used above, “disclose” includes to transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible to another person or entity.
If any dispute arises between you and us, the laws of Australia will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
Fiji Time Travel reserves the right to make changes to this website and these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice.
- I/we agree with the above Terms and Conditions.
- I/we [all applicants and parties included on the booking forms] have read, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined.
- I/we have completed our booking forms in an accurate, honest manner providing relevant details as necessary.
- I/we understand that the village will not assume any liability for adverse reactions from the food consumed, or items one may come in to contact with whilst eating any of their meals or itemised food sources.
- Fiji Time travel operates as a booking agency only. I/we understand that Fiji Time Travel strongly recommends that all travelers purchase their own travel and medical insurance that adequately suits their needs and that this is the sole responsibility of travelers and is not associated with Fiji Time Travel in any way.
- Completion and submission of my/our booking forms to Fiji Time Travel importantly means that I/we understand, agree and accept all of the above Terms and Conditions and Declaration and that I/we certify that the information for all parties on the forms is true, complete and accurate.